In this video, we discuss how to point (i.e. direct) your Namecheap.com domain to your Godaddy.com hosting. So, this basically means that you have purchased a website domain name (yourname.com, .org, etc.) through NameCheap, but want to host your website on a hosting account with GoDaddy.
For your convenience, we have also provided basic instructions below.
Instructions To Point NameCheap Domain To GoDaddy Hosting:
1. Login to GoDaddy > Go to My Account
2. Under Web Hosting, click Manage to take you to the cPanel
3. Scroll down, and click Addon Domains under Domains section
- Under New Domain Name, type in your NameCheap domain name, and the rest should auto-fill > Click Add Domain
- Click Home to take you back to cPanel
4. Scroll down, and click DNS Mangager under Domains section
- Under your new domain name, click Edit Zone
- On the Zone File Editor page, scroll down to the (NS) Nameserver section
- Under that you will see two strings of text under Points To. We will be copying and pasting these in a moment
5. Login to NameCheap > Go to Dashboard > Click View next to “Number of domains in your account”
6. Select the domain you want to point > In the left column, click Transfer DNS To Webhost
- In 1. and 2. under Specify Custom DNS Servers, paste the two strings of text from your GoDaddy zone file > Save Changes
At this point you may need to wait a few hours for your domain to fully point to your hosting. If you have any doubts about whether or not it worked, be sure to watch the video for more details about how to check it!